Everyday Usability

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Twinkle, twinkle little star

31
I have an account at Lycos Mail (which I hardly use anymore, but that's beside the point here), and their login screen fools me everytime.

The problem with this login is that it suggests that my login name and password were saved, and that I only need to press 'Login' to go to my mail. But in fact they are not! Although my login-name is correct, the stars in the password section seem to be there for decoration purposes only. Because when I press the login button, I get a message saying that my password was incorrect and that I should re-enter it, i.e. replace the stars with my password, which, incidently, is displayed in stars...

This is not normal behaviour that I would expect from a login screen: if my password was not saved, why pre-fill the password field with stars?!
I tried this in several browsers (IE, FF and Safari), all resulting in the same behaviour, so Lycos: get rid of your stars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home